E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DRONES




DRONES
 
The city of Asbury Park in it's irrational
lust for power has  extended the ban on
bicyles and dogs to all year round.
According to the police chief because
there are still crowds.
 
Ever the rebel when I couldn't sleep the other night I decided that some fresh air might help.  I jumped on my bicycle and headed to the boardwalk at 3 am. 
 
Wasn't a soul in sight.  Suddenly a bright lite appeared in the sky.  It was a drone.  A dis-embodied voice said, "No bike riding on the
boardwalk." Then a blue laser beam shot across my path and burned the boardwalk.
 
I jumped off my bike and walked it off the boardwalk.  A week later I recieved a ticket in the mail.
 
 They wanted three hundred and seventy five dollars for riding my bike on the board walk.  A hundred and twenty five dollars for the cost of the laser shot and a hundred and twenty five dollars to repair the boardwalk.  I had a week to pay,  If I did not pay immeadiately there was an additional seventy five dollars a week sur charge added.  If I did not pay by the end of the month I would be arrested. 
 
I guess the city is trying to make up that million dollar shortfall in the budget.
 
Gotta' sign off quick, there's a knock at the door and a drone hovering outside my window.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment