E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Sunday, March 4, 2018

MICHELLE O

I've been an artist for 56 yrs.
I started doing street art, Qwik Sketches and portraits
in Paris in 1981 out of shear desperation.  I wanted to eat something.

Since then I've done ruffly 15,000 qwik sketches and portraits.

Eventually the question will asked,

"....does it look like me ?"

I answer it depends who you ask, when and how you ask them.
What you see now maybe different under different lights and circumstances.  Especially if your drunk.

I've seen people pay good money for pictures that look nothing like them.  Who knows why?

So that qualifies me to comment on whether
it looks like her or not?

I don't think so.  The face is too long.  The skin tone is too lite.  The eyes are out of alignment.  Her right one is slightly smaller than the left. Her mouth is out of alignment with the eyes. It is slightly higher on her left. The hand is too big in relationship to the head.


I've never seen Michele with hair that long.  She would be more recognizable with her more familiar style.

The truth of the matter is that it could fit many people.  There is nothing about it that is particular to Michele.


In all fairness to the artist, there is no mistake she has made that I haven't, many times.  That's how I know what to look for.  It is not meant to be a judgement but to give a qualified critique.









Poleeeeze..!!

...evacuated of celebrity  (What ever that is?)

....provisionally dream like. I gotta' puke.

......nearly a shadow..!!

What is sublime bullshit?



Looks like old fashion racism and sexism to me.
...so fly and poised?  What's that some kind of code?
Do you think that woman appreciates being
compared to a fly?



 
This is his way of saying she didn't get a likeness.


"Likeness is a traditional, boring and now fairly useless
measure for success of a portrait." Never make it as a street artist.

Sez, who?  You'd say that even if it was an ugly piece of shit.  Would you tell Michelle, it sucks, you got robbed.

Political ass kisser.

....engages feeling and meaning

Oh yea, feel this.  What does it mean?





No comments:

Post a Comment