E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Thursday, October 28, 2010

AGAIN

I started doing qwick sketches in Paris, France in 1981 out of shear desperation.  As I moved around when I came to a new town, I would have to walk in with my equipment to the tourist area, then walk out.

Eventually I ended up in Charleston, S. Carolina.  In the tourist area was a park that ran along the water.  There was a pier there that went out over the water.  That is where I worked.

By then I had a car, a little pick up truck.  Along side the park was a dirt parking lot.  That is where I parked.  Sometimes when I got tired and needed a break I'd go crash in the back of my truck. Talk about easy.
It was heaven.

Eventually they built a row of condos there and in the very center a big, bright, shiney, new art museum called Gallery One

One day I went and signed the building.

Years later I moved near Asbury Park, N.J.
To help make ends meet I'd sell art on the weekends
down on the boardwalk.

I found a really good place.  What they called the old
power plant.
The walls were black a perfect place to display art.



Now they want to turn it into a museum called

The New Jersey Museum of Contemporary Art

NJMoCA

What, again ?  Give me a break.

Do you think they'll let the guy who was there first in

? 

No comments:

Post a Comment