E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Friday, December 27, 2013

POETRY

 
 
I was walking down the street today and an older man asked me about you
We'll, he asked if I was still with that..."pretty lil' skinny thing ?"
I asked, which one?  Then he told me he had taken a picture of us
together, outside the bar across the street a few years ago.
He said it was his favorite picture. That you could tell.
 
We were in love.
 
Then I remembered the night.
I remembered you.
Who I was then.
Who we were.
 
I remember thinking that I could
love you then.
 
I couldn't,
and
I
didn't
 
really.
 
You didn't want
me to
any
way
 
We were just
God's
that happened
to be
clashing
 
But after the flash of this man's camera went off
we became actors
as well
 
An unknowing Versace
and
golightly
lovers
engaged
 
We became a basic story
A man thought enough to think
we'd last
 
That we could love
That we loved
once
 
We became
 
ART
 
If only this once
To this one man
 
We did it
 
The only thing we ever really wanted
What we tore ourselves and each other
apart for
 
Became something beautiful
 
I had stopped listening as the thoughts were
rushing thru my head
 
When I focused again
tears
were streaming down
my face
 
and (you) asked
if I was
alright
?
 
I apologized
and
excused
my
self
 
I needed to tell you
I tried to call you
 
but...!!!
 
you didn't answer
 
So I'm doing this
so you'll
understand
 
You can relax now
Set your blade down
and
breath
 
I will never speak to that man again
I will avoid him if I see him
Pretend I'm getting a call
or
have to catch a train
or that
someone
is
die
ing
 
As long as he never knows
that our love is a
lie
 
Then we can stay art
We can stay beautiful
 
I want you to know I was walking down the street today
and an older man asked me, about you
 
It was beautiful
and
I wish
you
could
feel
it
2
 
 
 
By
Bad
Danny
Brown
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment