E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 24, 2014

CLOSURE

See: CLOSURE

Jan 13, 2014

In that post I listed nine
galleries that have come and gone
since I've been in Asbury Park
Three maybe, four years


KISS MY ART


has closed it's doors bringing the total to
ten.  Doesn't really sound like AP
supports the arts.  I know
it doesn't.


The guy who ran it wins my

MOST FLAKIEST, FLAKE AWARD


For two months, not weeks, I called, e-mailed
and went there.  Never open.  He'd tell me to show up.  I would.  Lights on, open sign up, door locked.

Knocked and knocked, no answer.  I suggested
he put a sign in the window with his phone number that sed:  Open by Appointment.

He did for awhile, then took it down.


While were on the subject rumor has it Old man Raffertie's is gonna' close it's doors
just like Ivan and Andy's.


What's that sucking sound I hear?


People ask, why should we go to AP?
The answer, we got restaurants and galleries.
Four galleries, six restaurants.


Meanwhile Tin Head Dan Jacobs and the
Tri City News continue to wallow under the illusion that they are relevant to anything.


If you had to hire an art director who would you choose.  I have a six page resume' and forty six years of experience.  Dan is an ex-lawyer.
Conversely who do you think knows more about art.

If you ask me Dan doesn't know is ass from a hole in the ground about it.


Also look for the charade called ARTSCAP
(I call it ARTSCRAP) to fade from the scene.
Their slick brochure is a total fiction.


A visit to their web page list five artist.
Three photographers and two artist.  Anybody with a camera and a cell phone is a photographer.


Here again is a case of the blind leading the blind.
Dennis Carrol is an ex-high school art teacher.

Dan and him should engage in a little intellectual incest.


They also list two painters.  Doris China who is dead and gone and a watercolorist.  Doesn't say anymore than he's a watercolorist.


You got to be a member to find out who the members if any are.


What's the point of keeping them secret unless...there aren't any.

No comments:

Post a Comment