E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Monday, June 29, 2015

CHARELSTON

CHUCKTOWN

.....is what the local's called it.

I lived there for twelve wonderful years.  Loved it, especially summer nights.  I was a night time cab driver and drove all over the place including N. Charleston
where that guy was shot by that cop.

N. Chucktown was a bad place.  The law is a thinly disguised extortion racket.

And this the slaughter of nine people at a church.  I cry for
Chucktown.  

I spent a lot of time driving in the deepest darkest part of the hood.  There were some areas that were all black.  Some that were all white and a whole lot that were mixed. 

There was racial animosity on both sides.  But for the most part people got along with each other.  It was too hot to fight.

I cry for Chucktown.  It's a better place than people would have you believe.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment