E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Thursday, September 13, 2012

SHOCK AND AWE

Sept 12, 2012
 
SICULIANOS
 
The pizza place on the boardwalk next to the Silver Ball museum was my base of operation for the summer. 
 
They liked me and were friendly.  They gave me free coffee and sometimes pizza and let me store my gear there.  My spot was on the bench directly in
front of thier place.
 
When the season was over and Sept rolled around They started closing on Tues. and Wed.
This was the second week of that.
 
Wed. morning I rode my bike near thier place.  I noticed the door was open.  I thought that was strange.  Then one of the principles came out and called to me.
 
Come get your stuff. (My art gear that was kept there)  As I got close I saw a sign in the door that said auction.  Inside half the stuff was gone.
 
They had closed down, auctioned off everything and were in the process of leaving.  I was in total shock.
They cited problems with the landlord as an explanation.  That was also one of the reasons cited by the Sand Witch.
 
Madison Marquette has a bad reputation.
  Too greedy,
but then that's capitalism for you.
 
My family, my friends, my place, gone in the blink of an eye.  Summer is over for sure, not to
mention no more free coffee.
 
Another business run off.  First the Sand Witch now Siculianos.
 
Congratulations
 
The city and MM are doing a good job of
working together to destroy the boardwalk.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Too bad. Go try to get your free food and boarding elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete