E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

BORN AGAIN

 
 
 
BORN AGAIN
 
My ex-wife tried to prevent me from becoming an artist by absorbing my time and energies with her projects.  She knew I didn't like crowds.  In spite of that she wanted me to take her and my daughter to Knott's Berry Farm in Anahiem, Calif. on Easter
Sunday 1976.
 
Numbers freaks should note 1976 was the bi-centennial of the United States.  I declined.
 
Easter Sunday is the day Jesus rose from the dead and was "born again".  I woke up with a splitting headache and a horrible hangover.  My intention had been to paint but I was in no condition to do that.
I decided to clean up and/or organize the garage which I was using as a studio.
 
The first thing I did was move a piece of sculpture.  I immeadiately got a very strong sensation that "that was where it belonged".  I moved something else and again got the same sensation.  I started moving stuff around.  I went nuts.  Before it was over I would touch and/or move everything in the garage.
 
I re-organized stuff.  I took a pulley and some wire and fixed it so the bird cage would lower when the garage door was opened.  When it was closed the bird cage would go up hi enuff so the cat couldn't get it.
 
I put all the pretty stuff together.  The picture above is the final result.  When they came home they thought I was nuts.
 
Later that night I read a passage from a little red book on astral projection.  I can't remember it other than it was something about glass or looking thru glass.  I was petrified when I saw myself as the devil in a mirror.  I faced my fear and broke the mirror.
 
The next day I refined the process.  I began to extend what I was doing (re-organizing) into the house, the car, my life.  It became a way of thinking and/or being that to this day effects everything I do.
 
In retrospect I can look back and realize that is the day I passed from chaos to harmony.  It took me twenty years to discover what I experienced that day was intuitive Feng-Shui, the ancient art of placement.
 
The only thing that is constant is change itself.  Learning to change gracefully is the key.  Feng-Shui is Chinese for air and water.  What is between air and water if not a sail boat. I lived on one for eighteen years.  Talk about a fluid situation.
 
In summation I can say...."everything has it's place.  When you get everything in it's place you have harmony."  It's not hard to figure out, the "less" you have to arrange, the easier it is to get there.
 
Luv...Capt Flash


No comments:

Post a Comment