E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Saturday, March 30, 2013

POLAROIDS

I was homeless for eight years from 1980 to 1988.
The last year was the worst. I ask God to give me a break.  That was a misstake.  I broke both arms in a fall while working in a restaurant called Cafe Einstien on Race St. in Philladelphia.  I ended up living in a car in Wildwood N.J.
 
These first three shots were taken in Wildwood in 1988
The other two were taken at Venice Beach in Calif.
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
I was up in a sky light.  I had put down a plastic drop cloth.  It slipped.  In the emergency room they put a tube up my nose.  It was supposed to suck blood from my stomach.  They turned it the wrong way and I vomited a gyser of blood.  Next they sed they were gonna' put a tube in my penis.  I told them, "no your not".  Thats when the fight started as I tried to get off the table.
 
They'll kick you when your down.  Ended up living in a car in Wildwood, N.J.  A Jewish guy helped me work on a pier doing qwick sketches and portraits.  He sold it to another Jewish guy who wanted money.  I left and returned to Calif.
 
I had been thru three operations.  In the last one as you can see in the pictures they put a cast around my mid-section and stuck my arm out.  I planted an American flag on it.
 
Couldn't wash.  Couldn't get clean.  If screaming would have helped I would have done it.  I scuzzed out so to speak.
 
When I got to Calif. I went to the V.A. and told them....you take it off (the cast) or I will.  A week later I came into a big chunk of money, bought a bag of weed, took my daughter to dinner and never looked back.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Haha, sorry but sometimes you just have to laugh at the shit that happens to you because, shit happens. Hope things are better these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for your words of wisdom. There's not a lot funny about being homeless with both your arms broke. It builds character. You could show some by revelaing your identity. If you did there is a lot more to hear about.

    I have four sites. Visit: taxitimesonline.blogspot.com. In the archives find "I have terrible luck with wimmen" and my dark secret. Then get back to me.

    ReplyDelete