E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

EARTH FLAG

 
One night I turned on the T.V.  Nightline with Ted Koppel was on.  I don't know about you but I always considered Nightline to be a government propaganda organ.
 
Ted was very excited.  It's not often ted got excited.  I thought this might be interesting so I took some herbal supplement to enhance the experience.
 
Seems Ted had a guy on the program that said, "aliens" from outer space were already here.  I took a long, slow, deliberate hit.  The reason we couldn't see them is because they are so small.  I exhaled and thought, what are microbes ?
 
Ted brings someone on who repeats, they're here.  Then they showed animations of the earth's crust cooling.  It showed meteorites crashing into the earth and throwing off debries.  Then they show the same thing happening to other planets, implieing that the earth could have been seeded by cast off debries.
 
Then someone at NASA coughed on a mirror.  The germs survived the radiation of space travel, thus proving life can travel in space and survive.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing and took another hit.
 
Then the guest sez;....if we are the only intelligent life in the universe, then we should populate it.
 
That was it I thought  The beginning of the end.  Sounded like a moral justification for manifest destiny.  Ask the indians about that.
 
Imagine what it would be like if that happened, say in a thousand years, maybe ten thousand years.  Would earth be known as "mother earth"?  Would the people who lived there be called "first earthers".  Then I thought of this.  First earther sez;  Earth first, don't pollute the universe.
 
Being an artist I thought we would need a sign or a symbol to signify "us".
 
I thought earth is known as the blue planet.  I concieved a design at the most basic level of communication, shape and color.
 
It was a blue circle representing earth, on a black background representing space.
 
Think...!!!
 
ONE PLANET -  ONE PEOPLE
 
Were all in the same boat

No comments:

Post a Comment