E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Sunday, November 22, 2015

ART SPACE NJ

NEW ART NEWS

was a post on March 6, 2015

It was about a new art space opening on Corlies Ave in Neptune

It seems someone had come up with the idea of a communal art space.  Cubicles could be rented for $300. a month.

This was not a new idea.  That's what the post was about.

Then in June I went over to check it out and did a post on it. (6/2/15)

It wasn't up and running yet.

I was thinking about doing a fund raiser for the food bank.
After telling the woman at the food bank about it I went to check it out.  Guess what?  Surprise, surprise it had already folded up.  Lord knows how long it had been gone.
It didn't last six months.

Only confirms what I've been saying.  The internet has changed everything.  Creating an image by painting on canvas is history and by extension, so are galleries.

So it's not surprising that a communal gallery didn't make. it. 




Note:  (1/24/16)


Out of curiosity I contacted them to discover what happened. I was wrong about the lack of response.
Apparently there was a good response (so they say).
Trouble was cost.  They were required to install a
sprinkler system.  According to the person I spoke to cost started expanding exponentially so they decided to throw in the towel and concentrate on their gallery.
I stand corrected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment