E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

THE FAN

I had a window box fan that I paid twenty dollars for maybe four years ago.

Old faithful

I would run that fan for as long as 24 hours at a  time.  I thought surely it must wear out soon.  But like the energizer bunny it just kept going and going.  I cleaned and oiled it once.  It was so old it was beginning to show signs of wear and tear.

I thought I should start thinking about a replacement
Maybe a month later I was looking in the dumpster.  Laying on top was a brand new, shiny, white window box fan.  Exactly what I had been thinking about.

I thought maybe it was thrown away because it didn't work. I plugged it in and it work fine.

What to do with old faithful who had served so long and so well.  At first I thought give it away but in the end decided to keep it as a back up.  The room is large.  I used it to blow smoke out of the kitchen.

I was proud of my new fan. I would smoke a bowl and  marvel at how well designed it was.  It had aerodynamic screens and a five blade fan.

I had it for about two months when one day I was laying in front of it....when..... it suddenly stopped.  There was the smell of an electrical short.

I'm  sitting in front of old faithful now.  

A car that runs but doesn't look good is better than a car
that looks good  but doesn't run

Form and function

A car that looks good and runs is better


No comments:

Post a Comment