E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Saturday, January 18, 2020

ART

….is not the art game...!!

...that is purely a political popularity contest

May the best ass kisser win...!!!


Here is the first AI produced piece of art in the world
that sold for an astounding amount.  I'm stunned...and threatened at the same time.  Imagine that much money for a print.

If I was them I'd print three then have a buy two get one free sale.  Things slow down, reduce the price.

I could take a print like that to the street and would starve before I sold it.

I read about someone in the Mid West who claims to be approaching $750,000. art sales over a five year period.  Wow, thats a lotta' money.  Wonder what the taxes are?  

Lot of expenses.  Can only sell outside half the year.  Probably constantly on the road eating hotel food.
This is not an artist this is a salesman. Proably will make enuff so the doctors and lawyers can divide what's left after the divorce.

But he is slacking.   An advertisment on Facebook says you  can make a sustainable $200,000. a year selling your art on line...and they'll tell you how for a non refundable deposit.

How much art do you have to sell to make that kind of income?  You'd be constantly busy.  Too busy to enjoy th two hundred thousand a year.  I can't imagine there being that much of a demand in an over saturated market.  If it was that easy every one would be doing it.

Oprah Winfrey wins the prize for spreading BS.  She had a young girl on who was a child prodigy who sold a Picasso knock off to a Russian oligarc for $400.000.

My Gawd what a princely sum.  You'd only need to sell one in a life time.  How'd this oligarc discover her?  If she could get that much for one can she do some for let's say $200,000.  Ya'  wonder how many she has sold and for how much?  Does she pay taxes?  

The giveaway was when they showed her studio in her parents garage.  Would you have a studio in your parents garage if you could get $400.000. for one painting.

Then there is a ...pint sized Picasso in NYC who is two years old and sells work for $400 to $23,000. at two years old. Gawd knows how much she'll get when she's 12.  Never have to work a day in her life.  Hope drugs don't get her.

What prompted this post is the German pre-Picasso.  A seven year old who sells in the hundreds. Sold one for $23,000. at seven, my, my, my…!!!!


I couldn't locate the story about the Korean girl who lays down and paints...and of course sells well. Save your art school money now.



Need I mention the chimp, pig and elephant all sell well.

I've sat a hundred yds from a place that claims to have sold $20,000. in a season while I couldn't give it away.

Sam Clayberger had a show prior to his passing.  He sold one piece.  He died with 500 canvases and thousands of lesser pieces because he could sell $200,000. a year.  He told me before he died that he had instructed his daughter to destroy his work when he was gone.

Pretty sobering

Here's the skinny from the streets.  Creating an image by paint on canvas has been made obsolete by technological advances. It's only a matter of time till they can do anything in the computer they can by painting.  When that happens like music and newspapers they'll be gone with the wind

While painting is not gone it's fading fast and by extension the galleries that sell art.

They are just somebody's ego trip where they can get off, drunk on the power of denial

Why would you get dressed, drive cross town pay for parking, go into a gallery, drink some wine talk to some people look at thirty pieces then go home, get un dressed, fire up a bowl and look at thousand upon thousands of stunning images for free...till your eyes fall out of your head.

We now live in a blizzard of images.  Trying to sell one is like trying to sell a snowflake in a snowstorm

I had a bad dream.  I was depressed because I was only a grain of sand on a beach.  Then I saw a dump truck dump more sand on the beach.

I would vomit if I could

Update 5/10/2020











No comments:

Post a Comment