E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Thursday, April 11, 2013

FRIENDSHIP. TRUTH, REALITY

From 1980 till 1989 I was homeless.  The first year was in Europe.  The rest was in the L.A. area.
 
I lived in a car.  A Dodge Coronet station wagon.  I threw a single mattress in the back, that was home.
 
One day I broke down in downtown L.A.  No money, no resources I called someone I knew named Louie Hernandez who owned a Chevron station at Pico and Figueroa.  I knew he had a, tow truck.
 
I asked him to help me.  When he showed up we had a consveration about friends.  I told him, I have a lot of friends as long as I go to them.  Louie  sed;  they're not friends at all.  Amen.
 
Nothing has changed in that respect.  Many people will allow me to pay homage to their ego's with my time and energy but will not return the favor.
 
What is a true friend ?
 
We play an on going game.  I'm an artist with 46 years of experience.  Repeatedly I ask people to visit my studio and see my art.  After all, what good is a picture that is not seen.
 
Person after person sez they will but won't say when.  In a year I've had four people visit.
 
What is bullshit?
 
Why don't they mean what they say.  Essentialy they are avoiding looking at the art.  If they looked at it they would have to give me credit and respect me.
 
Their ego's demand that they look down on me.  It helps them feel superior.
 
So...they say they will be there but never show....their busy...!!!
 
With something more important,like jerking off

No comments:

Post a Comment