E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Sunday, May 19, 2013

DISMAL SWAMP

Sometime in the mid nineties  I was working my way up the coast thru the Intra Coastal Water Way on  a sail boat.  I decided to take the scenic route from the Pimlico Sound to Virginia by going thru the Dismal Swamp that ran from Elizabeth City, N.C. to Virginia.

I holed up in Elizabeth City and was in the Dismal Swamp Canal by 8 A.M.  No sooner had I entered it when I saw an obese, naked black woman running along the shore in the woods.  She appeared to be following me.

She disappeared then re-appeared around four o'clock in the afternoon.  This time she came closer and asked me to pull over.  I was scared and didn't think it was a good idea. I noticed that she appeared to be covered in warts.

About 7 p.m. I came to a lock on the N. end of the canal.  It was late and the operators had gone home, so I pulled up to a dock and tied off to wait for morning.

No sooner had I finished some Mac and cheese than she appeared next to the boat.  She wanted to board. I was alone, it was late and there was no one around, so I said o.k.

She went directly below deck and laid in my bunk and began to diddle herself and saying she wanted me, now.

She was fat, black and covered in warts....but.  I went down there and did her anyway.  When I awoke in the morning she was gone.

Two years later I recieved a letter in the mail from her.  She claimed to have given birth to our son which she named Edward.  I never heard from her again.

My advice.  Avoid the dismal swamp.  Go the other way.




1 comment:

  1. What a sweet love story !......Have you ever met your son ?

    ReplyDelete