E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Sunday, May 19, 2013

DOLPHIN

I was on a passage by sail boat from L.A. to New York.  
(I did not go thru the canal)
I had stopped to winter in St. Augustine, Florida.  I became restless and decided to make a side trip up the intra coastal to Fernandina Beach, Florida, right on the Georgia line.

The first day was quiet.  Around sundown I came to a small beach.  I dropped the hook and rowed ashore.  The idea was to build a fire, cook something and enjoy the sundown.

Looking for firewood I went into the forest.  There I found a strange skull.  I thought it was some sort of bird till I found out it was a dolphin skull.

Apparently someone buried one near a tree.  The tree blew over, the skull raised up, I found it.

I had this in the bow of my boat for years, in the V-berth where I slept.  I considered the dolphin spirit to be my guide.

I still have it to this day.  Here it is hanging in my studio...

...still showing me the way...!!


1 comment: