E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

PLAYERS

Ever hear of
 
CHARLES BUKOWSKI
 
The famous 'beat" poet. 
 
I was with him at the L.A. FREE PRESS
 
which was the second anti-war, underground, alternative press in Los Angeles during the
Vietnam war. (Visit; http://captflash-studio88.blogspot.com) I can't find it anymore but there was a page where his poem was in the upper right hand corner and my illustration was in the lower left.
 
I was the staff cartoonist/illustrator.
Larry Flynt bought it.  His editor was J. Levine who went on to start the L.A. Weekly, L.A.,s version of the Village Voice.
 
I had been a spy and commited a burglary for the FBI.  In an attempt to stay with the paper I went to J. an offered to confess.
 
Then Larry Flynt got shot.  End of career.
What's that got to do with any thing?
 
I now live in Asbury Park and have decided to
"bless AP" with my talents and gifts for
political cartooning.
 
Here are some recent efforts.
 
GUESS WHO ?
 
 
Guess who is 2 shrewd to get screwd?

 
M is 4 M n' M
(Clue, not a rapper)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment