E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

BOOMERANG BICYLE

I live in Phillips Seaview Tower
in Asbury Park, NJ
A seniors home.



I had a bike that I parked in the bike rack in the rear.

It got stolen.  I went to Second Life Bikes on
 Main St. and found a Shwin, like new except for a little rust on the front fork. Painted passionate purple and the cheapest bike there for sixty bucks.

Best bike I ever had.  Rides smoother, coasts further and a better center of gravity.

About two weeks go by and I find the stolen bike by Sunset Lake.  Wheels were off and the derailer bent.   The milk crate strapped to the back was gone along with the little basket that was on the front for my ferret, Rufus to ride in.

I put the wheels back on and walked it home. I put it un-locked by the bike rack and told the guard.  I told him it was bait.  He was to watch the monitor and try and catch the thief.

Next morning I get up, bikes gone.  I talk to the guard.  He said he forgot.  Good news is it's gone.

Anyway another week goes by and there is a knock on my door.  It's the police.  He is there with, Lestor the near ape who lives across the hall.  He's fifty and lives with mom.  Totally un-employed.

They got my bike.  Lestor claims he found it.
There was another cable lock on it that had been cut.
The police took information from me and left.
The guard suggested Lestor was the thief who took it.  Apparently he has been stealing other stuff also, like cell phones.

I take it inside.  Damn like a bad penny it just keeps coming back.  About a week later Lestor shows up and wants to buy it but won't have money till the first of the month.

I tell him he owes me twenty bucks and he takes it away to have it fixed. Good luck on getting paid. Good news is it's gone.  A week goes by and he knocks on the door.  

His mother who controls his money won't let him have it.  I tell him what ever you do don't bring it here.  I don't want it in my apartment. Put it downstairs in the bike rack.

A little while later his mom knocks on my door and wants to know if I'm going to lock it up.  I tell her yes LOL.

Finally some homeless person I knows expresses an interest in parts.  He can only use one tube.  He took the rack off for me. 

The next day I take the remains and dump them outside of second life bikes. 
Hoping to never see it again.

As of this writing...O.K.
Pray.

1 comment:

  1. Bait or not, of course an unchained bike will be stolen. Plus, it doesn't necessarily mean the original thief would be back to get another bike. Bike thievery in Azberri Pawk has occurred for years & years. It isn't all one repetitive thief doing it.

    ReplyDelete