E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Saturday, January 17, 2015

KEYPORT

I was born to German parents in the German town hospital in Philadelphia, Pa.  on March 2, 1944
My father dropped an artillery shell on a foot and got a medical discharge.  I'm a pre-boomer.  Hitler was still alive.

We moved to Poulsbo, Wash. at the head of
 Liberty Bay, off Puget Sound
in the state of Washington so dad could find
 work in the ship yards.

Poulsbo is the site of my first memory. Cows passing outside the window.  Probably 1945  

We then moved to Keyport, a small town next to
a navy base.  We probably left there in the very early 50's
and moved to Seattle.

I visited here in 1989,  At that time our house was still there and I took pictures of it.  It's gone now


Our house was where the yellow one is now.
I played in the fish shack on the beach





No comments:

Post a Comment