E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Thursday, January 22, 2015

SAM

SAM CLAYBERGER

..was my mentor/teacher/friend

He was my painting instructor at Otis.  He is
the real reason I made the trip to L.A.
I knew he was getting old (88) and I wanted 
to see him one more time before it was too late.

He has a studio in Glassell Park section of L.A.
 He holds a drawing workshop on Tuesday nights.
I met Colombo (Peter Faulk) there.



He let me crash in his studio on the model stand
and use a little pick-up truck to get around.



sam


Sam & his wife Pat

Sam is now stooped over.  Doesn't walk as
 well as he use to.

He has been in this studio a long time.  The first night I was alone there I did a a little photo essay.

In the tradition of showing an
artist space/studio, where the work
is actually done...here is 

Sam's place


Humpty Dumpty doin' what he does best





The model stand














The mannequin in the restroom.
No studio is complete without one



Every good studio got at least 
one gargoyle










Sam's Art



Nude Drawing Workshop

Sam
has been holding a drawing workshop 
Tues @ 7 for years











Dave





Benoit


Sadly, because of the computer 
drawing is a fading art


Pat, Sam & Capt Flash









1 comment:

  1. this sunday is his closing at 4pm @ MuzeuMM. hope you can make it

    ReplyDelete