E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Saturday, January 24, 2015

N.E.L.A.art

I was blown away by the cultural evolution
of York Blvd.  Then I discovered

NELA art News

North East Los Angeles art News.

I could not believe that the N.E. section had an art news devoted to it.

Years ago I was in another L.A. art paper




I had a studio on Ave. 52 and Monte Vista St.
It was just around the corner from 
Richard Duardo's studio.

In the story Carlos Almaraz was mention  He went to Otis.  Also mentioned was Judith Hernandez.  
I knew her previously.  She is now head of the
Otis Alumni Assoc.  I'm an Otis alumni.

I had to pay a visit.  They were located on York so 
I dropped in and talked with
Cathi Milligan


She runs the paper out of her 
art glass studio




I find this not only amazing but I strongly
encourage this type of cultural manifestation
and wish them well




No comments:

Post a Comment