E-MAIL; artsliberationfront@yahoo.com

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

CAPITALISM

CAPITALISM IS PREDICATED
ON GROWTH
 
Capitalism works on the principle of interest.  Lending money.  They invest (lend) money to a business.  The company grows and turns a profit and pays back the loan with interest.  The Capitalist profits.
 
For Capitalism to succeed they must lend money so they can collect interest.
 
Un-fortunately the planet is reaching capacity and can no longer grow.  We must transition from a growth economy to a sustaining economy.
 
Bad news for capitalism.  There will be a retraction..reduction...correction
You know how the universe likes balance.
 
This might not be a pleasant experience
for everyone.
 
Writing about this brought back memories of an un-pleaseant time in my life.
 
If was living on a sail boat outside of Charleston, S.C.  I had gotten thirteen tickets in four months as a cab driver.  Ruined my life.  I lost my car and was un-able to pay my rent of a miserable hundred and twenty five dollars a month.
 
To survive I'd hop on my bike and ride an hour an half thru brutal heat and humidity. (It was right on the water.  They called it the low country.  I called it the very low country) to draw qwik sketches on a pier in the tourist area.
 
It was such an ardous trek that I would brake it up with a beer stop.  I was sitting on a log in the woods thinking about my situation.  Nobody cared, not a Christian, Jew, Buddhist, Muslim, Democrat, Republican, black or white etc.
 
I thought to myself.  If nobody cares that I was where I was at, then I didn't care if they had to join me.
 
Along came Bernie Madoff.  I heard some woman was devestated because she lost eight million dollars and only had a million left to live on.
 
Breaking my heart.
 
A little suffering does a lot of good.  A lot of suffering really builds character and opens your heart to the plight of others.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment